Monday, May 24, 2010

Abstract Influence

In school I would always be doodling during class. A girl asked me what I was drawing once in 6th grade and I didn't know what to say. It was a bunch of lines combined into an abstract form, but not really something specific. She looked at me like I was weird or something. That was a lot of my doodles, not something you could say was anything. I still do it now, but more so into a complete finished piece of art work. After getting older and taking some more art classes I began to understand better what the abstract really was and ways to create it. One famous artist I like a lot is Kandinsky. I like his style, interpretation and thoughts on the abstract, and how he relates his art to music. He's got amazing work:




I think something like this could be incorporated in my animation. If I wanted more of an easily understood story involved, this would have to be either as backgrounds or textures, I would think. But really it could be used through everything with not as much of a pure abstraction.

Wassily Kandinsky- "Color is the key. The eye is the hammer. The soul is the piano with its many chords. The artist is the hand that, by touching this or that key,sets the soul vibrating automatically"
"The artist is not a 'Sunday Child' for whom everything immediately succeeds. He does not have the right to live without duty. The task that is assigned to him is painful, it is a heavy cross for him to bear."

No comments:

Post a Comment